The Owlhouse Backpackers
- Nieu Bethesda
- Nieu Bethesda
Last Updated: August 2019
Martins St, Nieu-Bethesda, 6286
- Longitude: 24.552312
- Latitude: -31.867393
- Bed And Breakfast
- Camp Sites
- Dutch / Flemish
7h00 - 20h00 daily (after hours by arrangement)
About The Owlhouse Backpackers
The Owl House Backpackers offers you a clean, bright, welcoming home from home in the heart of Nieu Bethesda. It is on the main street, a five-minute walk from the Owl House.
Sip sundowners in the garden and watch the sky fill with stars. Curl up next to the wood-burner and enjoy the carefully selected backpackers' wines. Treat yourself to the home-made bread and cottage cheese, or braai some delicious Karoo lamb with fresh herbs picked from the permaculture garden. Take a dip with the goldfish in the dam; hire bikes and explore the Karoo. Book tours to Bushman Paintings, Fossil walks, the Mountain Zebra Park and the Valley of Desolation. And, if you decide to stay for a while, catch up with the outside world every now and then on the Internet...
Room / Unit Features
- Kitchen (fully Equipped)
- No Smoking In Rooms
- WiFi Hotspot
On Site Features
- Braai / Barbeque Area
- Breakfast : Continental
- Breakfast : Full English
- Child Friendly (all Ages)
- Conference Facilities
- Guest Lounge
- Laundry Service Available
- Reception (business Hours Only)
- Smoking (non Indoors)
Map and Directions to The Owlhouse Backpackers
GPS : 31° 52' 2.61" S / 24° 33' 8.32" E
Please note: these co-ordinates and directions take you to the Karoo Lamb which is the reception for this property.
- Take the N9 towards Middelburg
- After 31 km turn left onto the Nieu Bethesda Road
- As you enter the village (where the fields end) turn first left, follow the road round to the right and the Karoo Lamb is on the left at the end of the block.
- Take the N9 towards Graaff-Reinet
- After 56 km turn right onto the Nieu Bethesda Road
- Enter the village (where the fields begin) and continue to the T-junction
- Turn right and continue four blocks
- Turn left at the T-junction and the Karoo Lamb is the first on the right.