Toerboer Cottages and Tours
Toerboer is a tour operator based in Graaff-Reinet that, apart from our expertly designed small group African tours (southern and East Africa), offer unique local Karoo tours.
• Starlight dinners (combined with a guided visit to the Valley of Desolation);
• Traditional Karoo lunch (combined with a guided visit to the Valley of Desolation);
• Mobile camping (including our special star-bed);
• Nieu-Bethesda, Richmond and Murraysburg;
• Mountain Zebra National Park, Addo Elephant National Park and the Baviaanskloof Wilderness;
• Graaff-Reinet town and Umasizakhe tours;
• Guided mountain bike tours (with breakfast) or bicycle rental.
In addition to our immersive and unique experiences, we also have three self-catering (catering available on request or combine with the above) units available in one of Graaff-Reinet’s oldest houses. Our charming 170-year old Karoo cottage, named The Toerboer Cottages, is located in North Street (central and part of the historical heart of Graaff-Reinet).
Latest Addition – Afrikanis Rum tasting room at Hello You Restaurant, Somerset Street.
We look forward to welcoming you with typical Karoo hospitality.
Experts in Extraordinary Experiences.