KAROO STORIES - WIN A KAROO HOLIDAY
Tuesday, 19th June 2018
In the Karoo Heartland, there is a story along every dirt road, in every small-town pub, and around every dinner table. Stories are told, embellished and retold on stoeps throughout our small towns and farmlands. And, now, we’d love to hear your stories from the Karoo Heartland: adventures, encounters and magical moments.
Join us in celebrating our unique stories and you could win another holiday in the Eastern Cape Karoo! Did you catch a magnificent trout in Somerset East, encounter the wandering lion, Sylvester, or have a moment of wonder at the Valley of Desolation? We would love to hear why the Karoo is in your heart.
HOW TO ENTER:
Write down your Karoo story or experience and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Karoo Stories”. Stories should be between 150 and 1500 words, and, ideally include at least one image or video.
CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Disclaimer: The information you provide for this competition is being collected for the Karoo Heartland Marketing Association and for the purposes of the Karoo Heartland Stories Competition. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The information that you provide is for the benefit and use of the Karoo Heartland Association and not Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of this competition although you may be contacted by Karoo Heartland Association regarding future promotions or competitions. You may unsubscribe from these promotions at any time in the future.
Contest Rules, Terms & Conditions:
- The promoter of this contest is the Karoo Heartland Association (Karoo Heartland), a private marketing association with the aim of promoting members throughout the Karoo Heartland.
- Anyone throughout the world may enter this contest, but the winner(s) must make themselves available in South Africa to claim the prize(s).
- There is no entry fee and you are not required to purchase any product to be eligible to enter this contest
- The route to entry for the contest is to submit your entries to email@example.com
- Closing Date for all entries will be 15th February 2019 in that all entries must have been duly received by 5pm South African time on the 15th February 2019. Any entries received thereafter will be disqualified and will not be considered for the purposes of the competition.
- No responsibility or liability will be accepted for entries not having been received by the closing time whatever the reason for non-receipt may be.
- ENTRIES: Entrants are encouraged to enter stories and blogs ranging from 150 to 1500 words, ideally including images and/or video submissions. Image entries should be a minimum height and width of 1000px. Multiple entries of the same image or location from the same entrant will be deleted. The Karoo Heartland reserves the unfettered right to delete content that it deems inappropriate or which, in its sole and absolute opinion, fail to qualify for the competition for any reason whatsoever.
- By entering this contest, entrants undertake to make the content of their submissions available, whether by way of photographic, videographic or written material,for the sole, unfettered and exclusive use of the Karoo Heartland Association in perpetuity for promotional purposes at no cost to the Karoo Heartland Association. Entrants will, however, be given written credit for submitting successful entries used.
- The Karoo Heartland reserves the right to cancel or amend this contest and these terms and conditions without notice to potential and actual participants in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law,regulation, pre-existing right or any other event outside of the reasonable control of the Karoo Heartland. Any such changes to the contest will, however,be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the same means used to communicate the contest.
- The Karoo Heartland will under no circumstances be responsible for any inaccurate prize details supplied in good faith in respect of prizes supplied by any third party in connection with this contest and will not enter into any correspondence on any dissatisfaction in this regard.
- No cash alternative to any of the prizes will be offered. Prizes will only be transferrable at the sole discretion of the Karoo Heartland and be subject to written confirmation by the Karoo Heartland Association. Prizes are subject to availability and may only be redeemed at a mutually convenient time (out of peak season) and Karoo Heartland Association reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equivalent or similar value without giving prior notice of its intention to do so.
- Winners will be selected monthly buy a panel of judges and notified via email. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 30 days of notification, Karoo Heartland Association reserves the right to withdraw the prize or select a replacement winner.
- Karoo Heartland Association will notify the winner(s) when and where the prize(s) can be redeemed and such prizes must be redeemed at such place and time.
- The winner(s) agree to the use of his/her name, written content, video and photographic content in any publicity material pertaining to the competition and/or Karoo Heartland Association. Any personal data relating to the winner(s) and any other entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
By entering this contest, all entrants will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.